Overnight Oxygen Testing
Sleep apnea is a potentially serious condition and one of the most under diagnosed. Apnea is when a person stops breathing or is not breathing well enough (hypopnea) when sleeping. This deprives the brain of oxygen while alseep. Snoring is often a symptom of the condition. Other symptoms include high blood pressure, daytime fatigue, waking with headaches or sore throat, impotence and new onset diabetes. In an effort to increase the screening for apnea, we test for low oxygen states at your home. We simply send the device with you and analyze the results. A single night is often sufficient for a screening. Watch below for directions on how to use the device.
Sleep Apnea Self Assessment Tool
- Do you snore loudly?
- Does your partner complain about your snoring?
- Does your snoring wake you up at night?
- Does your partner notice that you make gasping or choking sounds when you sleep?
- Do you have a dry mouth, headache or sore throat in the morning?
- Do you fall asleep in the daytime when you want to stay awake?
- Are you often tired during the day?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you should be screened for sleep apnea.